The History of the Inula Group
The Inula Group's history begins in 1986 with the founding of the HerbalGem laboratory, experts in gemmotherapy. In 1991, the Group became a key international player in the growth of the medicinal plant market, with the development of the scientific and medical aromatherapy laboratory Pranarôm
With over 30 years of experience and the arrival of a third brand, Biofloral, founded in 1999, the Inula Group specializes in the most promising sub-segments of natural therapies, such as aromatherapy, gemmotherapy, and Bach flowers.
Driven by the strength of its recognized scientific positioning and the quality of its products, the Group has experienced exceptional growth over the past 15 years and is now active in more than 25 countries, with leading positions in France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, and the United States.
The Inula Group is:
- A pioneer in the development, manufacture and distribution of herbal remedies, with more than 30 years of experience.
- A market leader in phytotherapy, now with three natural therapies: Aromatherapy, Gemmotherapy & Bach Flowers.
- Three fast-growing, synergistic and complementary brands, with distinctive and attractive identities.
- A vertical integration of the supply chain, with total control over quality.
- A high capacity for innovation, in order to break into new pathologies or strengthen existing product lines.
- A strong medical grounding, to advance science with natural remedies.
- Training is at the heart of our partnership to make it easier to advise our product lines on a day-to-day basis.
The Inula Group offers a range of innovative, natural therapeutic solutions to preserve and improve health:
- Aromatherapy: essential oils
- Gemmotherapy: fresh bud macerates
- Organic herbal remedies: Bach flowers and flower elixirs
These three pillars of phytotherapy relate to the same philosophy:
- Loyalty to the original therapy of the founders
- Ownership of cultivation of raw materials
- Integrated manufacturing in our laboratories
These are decidedly human companies, with a strong grounding in nature.
Inula Group Brands
Through its three brands, the Inula Group specializes in major natural therapies: aromatherapy, gemmotherapy and organic plant remedies.
Training to professionalize natural therapies
The group has its own offices in Belgium (Ghislenghien & Vielsalm), France, Spain and Italy.
Its own cultivations and organic plantations in Belgium, France and Madagascar.
4 production laboratories in Belgium (Ghislenghien & Vielsalm), France (Biofloral site in Auvergne) and the USA (Veriditas site in Minneapolis).
Through its subsidiaries, the Inula Group employs 280 qualified people who work for the company's development.
More than 15,000 clients worldwide, including pharmacies, health food stores, and healthcare professionals.
More than 4,000 trainings per year
The Group is very active in exports and sells its products in Canada, Japan, Southeast Asia, South America, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, … and everywhere the public is discovering the effectiveness of scientific aromatherapy.
In 2010, Pranarôm International received the Wallonia Export Prize awarded by the Walloon Minister of Foreign Trade.
Pranarôm was started in 1991
HerbalGem was started in 1986
Biofloral was started in 1999
Communicating and educating
The Inula Group is continually working with the general public to make its natural therapies more widely known.
The Inula Group is also sought after by the media in order to testify to its products' powerful effects on health and well-being.